3. Individuals using the services provided electronically through the Website are referred to as Users.
1. The following technical requirements must be met in order to use services provided electronically:
– internet connection,
– accepting cookies,
– updated internet browser which enables cookies.
2. Murdio is not responsible for the User’s inability to use the services as a result of their failure to meet the requirements specified in section 2(1) above.
3. Notwithstanding the technical requirements set out in section 2(1) above, in order to enable Murdio to provide services electronically, a User wishing to use these services should provide their current data, including in particular a valid telephone number and/or e-mail address.
1. The following services are provided through the Website:
– filing a job application
– contacting Murdio to submit an enquiry,
– newsletter subscription.
1. The purpose of the job application service is to enable the User to send Murdio information about their wish to cooperate with Murdio and provide all the data necessary for Murdio to conduct the recruitment procedure.
2. The service is provided via an online form available on the Website in the “Careers” tab, on the page concerning a particular position.
3. To apply for a job at Murdio via the form, the User is required to:
– provide accurate and valid User data,
– attach a file containing relevant information concerning the User’s education, experience and employment and other relevant information for the position (CV, maximum file size: 5MB),
4. Failure on the part of the User to comply with the conditions set out in section 3.1(3) above shall preclude the User from participating in the recruitment process conducted by Murdio.
5. Murdio will only contact selected Users who have successfully submitted the application form. Murdio reserves the right to carry out further verification of selected Users, according to the terms and conditions communicated to Users.
6. Murdio contacts selected Users by telephone or e-mail.
1. The service of contacting Murdio to make an enquiry is provided via the form available on the Website.
2. To submit an enquiry via the form, the User is required to:
– provide accurate and valid contact data,
3. Failure to comply with the conditions set out in section 3.2(2) above prevents Murdio from addressing the enquiry.
4. The form is used to ask questions regarding cooperation with Murdio and services provided by Murdio. Murdio reserves the right not to answer questions concerning other issues, in particular to the extent covered by business secrets or beyond the scope of Murdio’s business activities.
5. Murdio shall respond to a successfully submitted and correct enquiry by e-mail or telephone within 7 working days of receipt thereof.
1. On the Website, the User may subscribe to a newsletter containing current marketing and commercial information on Murdio’s activities sent via remote means of communication.
1. It is forbidden to use the Website to provide unlawful content, i.e. in particular content inciting to crime, promoting totalitarian or authoritarian regimes, inciting hatred based on religion, race, sexual orientation, ethnicity, promoting content considered forbidden or scandalous, etc.
1. The User has the right to lodge a complaint concerning the use of services provided electronically by Murdio. Such complaints may concern lack of access to the services or their incorrect operation.
2. Complaints may be submitted by e-mail containing:
– full contact details,
– type of service in question,
– date and time the irregularity was discovered,
– brief description of the irregularity,
– implications of the irregularity for the User.
2. Murdio shall respond to a complete complaint within 14 days of receipt thereof. If the complaint is incomplete, the deadline specified in the preceding sentence shall be extended.